What I'm Celebrating This Week
A few weeks ago, Georgia C Mathers, an Aussie author contacted me about attending an author event with her in Sydney, and of course, I jumped at the chance. Today we went to Books By The Bridge (Harbor Bridge) and it was incredible! Not only did Georgina and me kick it off right away, but we both write paranormal romance, so that was fantastic. She is so sweet.
We met so many incredibly talented authors. Majority were either contemporary, paranormal, erotica or fantasy authors. I'll definitely be making a note of these events so I don't miss them… and maybe next time I'll get a chance to be one of the authors showcasing my books there 🙂
– My last few weeks have been very busy. I finished editing a manuscript for a boxed set and that one is sent. This weekend I have two more books to do final read throughs and then they are done. One is going to another boxed set and the other to my editor. The latter is a short Urban Fantasy, which had turned out a lot darker than I first anticipated, but I love it. It will be an introduction to a new Urban Fantasy I plan to start writing later this year.
– Not sure if I mentioned, but I have created author pen name for contemporary romance, and I just received the first lot of edits on that manuscript from my publisher. I'll be jumping into that next week.
– Writing wise, I'm currently working on two book. A brand new Wulfkin book, which I'm so excited about as it introduces a bit of insight into a new Wulfkin series coming soon. I am also plugging along on my Urban Fantasy, Binding Curse… I am very close to hitting half way point on that book. It's a bit of a monster, so I've got to just keep going forward.
– Christine Rains introduced me to a new app, 5,000WPH, to help me write faster… Well I've used it for two weeks now and on Friday I hit 3,000 words in one sitting. Now that might not be a lot for some, but it is for me since before I was doing 1000 a day. Yep.. just tripled my productivity haha
– Only a few more hours on the Find Your Valentine Book Fair for your chance to get some cool book as well as win a bundle:) Find out more here.
What have you been up to?
Grab Your Copy: Amazon
Last of your kind? Check. Being hunted by everyone? Check. Waking up magically bound to the world's most cocky and annoying assassin? Wait, what?
Survival has always been on the top of Fallen's To Do List as being the last Dragon shifter in Tapestry had painted a target on her long ago. But after being captured and magically tethered to an assassin who could kill her in an instant, time is running out. With the fate of an entire world at stake, Fallen has to find a way to get out alive, with or without her unwanted companion…her incredibly sexy unwanted companion.
Exiled from the Kingdom and on a mission to save his stepfather from the Collector, Saber's life is already a mess. But he never could imagine that he'd be hexed into a mindless shadow assassin or worse, being kidnapped and mystically-bound to a hot blonde vixen that has a crazy obsession with fire. Sexy/strange/fire-chick aside, he has got to find a way to get out of there but Fallen isn't in the least being helpful with their escape plan. Seriously, can things get any worse?
Magically-bound, determined, and both fighting an undeniable attraction, can Saber and Fallen work together to free themselves and save their world by defeating the Collector? Or will time slip out of their grasp and all will be lost?
This post is part of Lexa Cain's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is follow the link and put your name on the Mr.Linky list, and then be sure to post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever!
Image Source: Stockvault Free